[sf-lug] Newbie grateful for suggestions installs MythBuntu, has further adventures

Sam Geffner sgeffner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 14:53:46 PDT 2007

Thanks very much for your previous help.  Having installed MythBuntu, over
Gutsy, I now have a media center which I can sort of browse through, though
I have not yet figured out how to find network sharing for an extensive
library of already stored [music, video, pictures] shared media on a remote
Windows computer.  However, when I try to watch TV, I get only snow on all
channels so far. When I try to change channels, the box spontaneously
reboots about 30% of the time.

Hardware:  Compaq desktop [P3 > 1GHz]  567Mb Ram, 300 Gb HD partition,
Hauppage tuner PVR-500, ATI All-in-Wonder 9800 pro.

frustration level 4.

--
Sam Geffner
sgeffner at gmail.com
415-648-7744
415-793-3562 cel

"That which makes our task difficult is part of the task."