[sf-lug] sf-lug Digest, Vol 23, Issue 49

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Oct 24 21:12:30 PDT 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Alex Kleider wrote:

> Oh, and one other thing: trying to install jpilot- that was successful
> but when trying to syc with the device I get an error because of
> inability to find /dev/pilot.  What to do?

Depends - where's your pilot!?

Tell jpilot to look in /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1 if it's USB.  If it's
serial try /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1.  It should be one of those four

(I'm pretty sure that more modern distros handle this for you.)

Also, please don't quote the whole digest!  What a drag to snip that much

-- Asheesh.

 	If all the salmon caught in Canada in one year were laid end to end
 	across the Sahara Desert, the smell would be absolutely awful.