[sf-lug] Gutsy again

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:08:54 PDT 2007

hi

On 10/23/07, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
>
> On 10/23/07, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> > >
> > > Did my suggestion of using BitTorrent to fix your corrupted download
> > > not
> > > work?
> >

> So now I am using ktorrent to seed the torrent feed, but ktorrent is
> telling me that conflicting things.  On the one hand, ktorrent syas that the
> up speed is 0.0 kbs, which indicates that it is NOT seeding; on the other
> hand, it gives the status under the uploads tab as "seeding" and the word
> seeding is in green.  Also, the transfered up count has halted at 10.3,
> which would tend to indicate that the upload has stopped.

To take a stab at answering my own question, it seems as if there is just an
absence of leechers at the moment, according to this ktorrent site, which
seems to indicate that you need to have leechers in order to seed.

http://ktorrent.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1966&highlight=seeding

That site suggest that there is simply no one leeching Gutsy 7.10, which I
find hard to believe.  Leechers are listed as 0(111) with an upload speed of
1.1 kb.  Seeders are listed as 0(1127) which also seems odd, because it
appears that there are more seeders than leechers (possibly).

This page suggests that my problem is that openSUSE shuts down seeding after
download is complete, and it suggest that you click the "keep seeding after
download is finished" box under the "Download Options" under Preferences in
ktorrent.  I have done that!  So I don't understand why seeding has stopped.

http://ktorrent.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1853&highlight=seeding

Thanks in advance.