[sf-lug] OT: Car broken into on 7th and Howard, GPS and other items stolen -- is this common?

Ernest de Leon dryicezero at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:29:40 PDT 2007

It really makes me mad that people do this kind of stuff.  Coming from
Texas, I am no stranger to petty crime/theft, but at least in TX there's a
90%+ chance that if the owner of the car sees you, you're probably gonna get
shot.  As of Sept. 1, it's perfectly legal too.  Short of turning the entire
city into a citizen militia, I think when they catch these guys stealing
like that they should take them in a boat and dump them in the bay
somewhere.  If they can survive the swim back to a shore then they have paid
their penance.

Ernest