[sf-lug] puppy linux on a 65k ram i series IBM Thinkpad

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 17:15:16 PDT 2007

I want to get linux running on an old weak machine
(65k ram i series IBM Thinkpad)
and have heard that puppy is suitably 'compact.'
The Xvesa server seems to not work. (screen is inintellegible)
Puppy seems to need the hard drive partitioned and some files loaded
prior to installation and I don't understand what they are telling me
to do in the documentation.
Can anyone shed some light?
The first decision I must make is whether puppy is the best choice.
If so, how to install it!

alex at kleider.net