[sf-lug] Upgrade to Gutsy

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Oct 19 13:52:09 PDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 04:45:18PM -0400, Blake Haggerty wrote:
> Is there a Terminal command that will update the Distribution? I tried "apt-get dist-upgrade" but it said there was nothing to upgrade.

I'm going to use Adept Manager on my Kubuntu systems later today
(when I'm not in the middle of working :^) ), but Ubuntu.com mentioned this
as the command-line route ('recommended' for servers):

  1. Install update-manager-core:
  sudo apt-get install update-manager-core

  2. Launch the upgrade tool:
  sudo do-release-upgrade

  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

That's from:

  http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading

Not 100% sure if it'll apply to your situation, or if it's a Good Idea for
desktops (not sure why it wouldn't be), but there you have it.

Good luck!

-bill!