[sf-lug] equivalent of newegg for buying a new/refurbished TV?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 13:52:17 PDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Ernest de Leon <dryicezero at gmail.com> wrote:
> I usually buy from Tiger Direct....

You see, I don't follow the trends in consumer electronics that much.
On newegg, the first thing I do is sort by "MOST REVIEWS".  Then I
like pich the cheapest item if it has decent specs.  There is inherent
power in the distributed opinions of the masses.  Tiger Direct does
not seem to offer this feature.  Also, newegg also allows me to sort
by each individual type/size.  So for instance, if I am in the market
for a new hard disk, I can see on newegg that there are (not actual
results) a total of 143 250GB drives and there are 87 300GB drives,
and less of every other kind.  So, I know that the market saturation
for HDD is at the 250GB mark and that is the drive I am most likely to
buy, since the supply is very large.  Do you see how I like to make my
purchasing decisions?  :-)  I don't know of any other online consumer
retailer that "gets it right" like newegg...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen