[sf-lug] Puppy Linux

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 19:15:03 PDT 2007

On 11 Oct 2007 21:10:42 -0400, Blake Haggerty <Blake.Haggerty at sapphire.com>
wrote:

> So I researched some other distributions that I could install with a USB
> pen drive. I found puppy Linux. His computers Bios does not offer the option
> to boot from the USB so I had to use a piece of software called Wakepup on a
> floppy disk that is essentially a version of freedos that searches USBports
> flash drives CDrom and harddrive for Puppy Linux and then boots it off that
> device.

If you are feeling lucky, try making a bootable Ubuntu USB stick.  Then you
can install Ubuntu from the USB stick to the HDD that way.  I would give you
my pre-made image, but I lost the USB ubuntu live drive I once created :-(
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen