[sf-lug] BALUG Meeting: F/OSS Backup & Recovery (Tues 10/16)

Andrew Fife afife at untangle.com
Tue Oct 9 11:41:46 PDT 2007

Howdy Folks:

BALUG is hosting a great talk next Tuesday (10/16) titled "Open Source
Backup with Amanda" by the project's co-Founder, Paddy Sreenivasan.  Paddy
will explain how Amanda is different, its current status and why Linux
users should consider using it.

RSVP at BALUG.ORG - RSVPs are not mandatory, but they do help us out a lot

October 16th, 2007 (Next Tuesday)
Four Seas Restaurant
731 Grant Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94108

COST: The event is free. However, dinner is $13 for those that want to

About Amanda:
Amanda is the worlds most popular open source backup and recovery
software. Amanda protects over 500,000 systems running Linux, UNIX, OS-X &
Windows.  Paddy Sreenivasan is the co-founder & VP Engineering of Amanda's
commercial twin, Zmanda.  http://amanda.zmanda.com

About BALUG:
BALUG is lively gathering of Linux users & free software enthusiasts that
combines great food, community & intimate access to featured speakers.  We
meet in the bar of the Four Seas Restaurant from 6:30pm.  At 7pm, we share
a family-style Chinese dinner, which is followed by our guest speaker.

I hope to see you there!

P.S.  If you want to help BALUG distribute flyers for the event, you can
find them here:

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway

650.425.3327 (O)