[sf-lug] [Balug-Talk] Allegro Graphics Library

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Oct 5 11:07:06 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 12:23:47AM -0400, James E. Smith wrote:

> The code appears to be very clear from what I see. Exactly what I was
> intending to do. Has anyone used this library for a serious project
> before?

A coworker of mine uses and likes it a lot.  I've never used it, but use
SDL for pretty much every project.  It's a bit lower-level in some ways
(SDL _itself_ doesn't supply you with much, which in a way is nice), but
there are oodles of helper libraries that you can get... some created by
the SDL creators themselves (SDL_mixer, SDL_image, etc.) and which usually
have the same release cycle as the main SDL lib.

I believe SDL has been ported to more platforms than Allegro.

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/