[sf-lug] Diskless Workstation/Fat Client

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 15:31:17 PDT 2007

hi

On 10/2/07, Tom Haddon <tom at greenleaftech.net> wrote:

> I'm a little confused - are you using Thin Client or Fat Client/Diskless
> Workstation? We're specifically trying to avoid Thin Client because of
> the hardware setup we have...

We have a mix.  All of our clients have hard drives, but some of them have
Windows 98 installed on the HDs, simply because we have not been able to get
any Linux live CDs to boot on those systems for the purpose on installing to
get a swap partition.  But I would definitely recommend that you have HDs
and that you install Linux natively on each HD so that you can get a swap
partition in the event you exceed the memory capacity on individual systems'
RAM.