[sf-lug] Major SF Bay Area Linux donor is number 2 in a CNN "hero" contest

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 14:16:37 PDT 2007

hi

As many of you know, James Burgett of the Alameda County Computer Recycling
Center has given 30 Ubuntu boxen to our local public middle school FOSS
project.  Actually, this email is being written on one of those boxen.

Now, CNN is running a contest to see who the most popular hero of our day.
Number one currently is a guy who is working to prevent the extinction of
gorillas, certainly a laudable goal.  But James is number two.

Now we have a chance to support him by voting in a CNN contest to determine
who is the most favorite hero.  Saving Gorillas is awesome, but IMHO, giving
away 16k Linux boxes to people who really need them is even better.  Please
consider digging this story below, and then voting for James on the CNN
site.  Thanks either way!

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Man_is_Dugg_4_donating_16_000_Linux_boxes_now_is_no_2_in_CNN_hero_contest

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/cnn.heroes/

BTW, I do not work for either James or for CNN.  Most of you already knew
that.  But it bears repeating.

--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point <http://digitaltippingpoint.com>