[sf-lug] bad netiquette [Was]license count != software popularity (Re: [Balug-Talk] Open Source less popular than Free Software)

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:39:49 PDT 2007

On 9/28/07, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> I hope you _at least_ make sure you're actually _on_ all of the mailing
> lists in question.  Otherwise, you owe $BEVERAGE_OF_CHOICE to each of
> the listadmins you're going to inconvenience with all that manual
> handling -- plus more for each second-level replies from others that
> re-instantiates the same problem.

I usually make my first post to the lists I am on, so that is not a
problem.  The issue crops up when people reply to my initial
cross-post.  I think it should be policy for admins to not even be
notified and merely drop the message.  If someone cares enough to post
to the list, they should sign up, however briefly.  This would also
solve "bad crossposting" issues...

> On the other hand, that might be an excellent way for listadmins to stay
> hydrated.  ;->

I enjoy Guinness.  If I owe you, let me know :-P
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen