[sf-lug] bad netiquette [Was]license count != software popularity (Re: [Balug-Talk] Open Source less popular than Free Software)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 28 15:05:55 PDT 2007

Quoting Kristian Erik Hermansen (kristian.hermansen at gmail.com):

> I tend to cross-post, but only if I think it is pertinent info to all
> the lists involved...

I hope you _at least_ make sure you're actually _on_ all of the mailing
lists in question.  Otherwise, you owe $BEVERAGE_OF_CHOICE to each of
the listadmins you're going to inconvenience with all that manual
handling -- plus more for each second-level replies from others that
re-instantiates the same problem.

On the other hand, that might be an excellent way for listadmins to stay
hydrated.  ;->