[sf-lug] HVLC: The next stage

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Thu Sep 20 12:06:16 PDT 2007

Hi Folks,

Trying to figure out a time that works for the most people possible that
we could get into the HVLC. Here's the agenda for what we need to
achieve (listed in order of importance, I think), so if you can help
out, would love to see you there:

- Configure LDAP server on the LAN Server and configure all workstations
to use LDAP to authenticate
- Configure additional drives on server to give us more space to work
with (currently we only have 2x9GB - mirrored = 9GB, but I believe
there's at least 2 unused 36GB drives that are known to be in good
working order)
- Determine what's happening with the mystery switch based on photos
I've taken and attached to the wiki and cabling...
- Configure NFS mounting of home directories for LDAP users.

So, the date I'm proposing is Saturday 29th September 1pm. Please let me
know if that doesn't work for anyone who really wants to be there.

Later on, things like automated deployment of new workstations,
automated software updates/installs (?), backups and monitoring need to
be looked at.

Thanks, Tom
--

Tom Haddon