[sf-lug] Centralised phone number for Linux Support

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Sat Sep 15 11:01:14 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 10:47 -0700, jim stockford wrote:
> by "put in time" i mean people who answer the phone
> and/or respond to phone messages and provide help
> to callers.

Hi Jim,

This is already happening for the HVLC project. Currently Gloria, Ruby
and Kami have my number and are calling me with issues (I've had three
calls so far for tech support issues). I don't have a problem with
answering their calls, but I'm trying to think of ways to make the
system more reliable if I'm away on holiday/unable to answer the phone,
etc. Currently we could just set up a call tree (Jason has volunteered
as an alternate person they could call if I'm unavailable), but that
means them having multiple numbers, knowing who to call when, and if any
of us changes our phone number then they need to be updated.

Obviously this will require time from those interesting in offering
support to projects like these. What I'm trying to figure out is, if
there are people who are interested/able to provide that support, what's
the best way of managing that.

Thanks, Tom

--

Tom Haddon