[sf-lug] Fwd: urgent help with networking Linux and Windows at a public school

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 14:40:09 PDT 2007

hi

On 9/8/07, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Sep 2007, jim stockford wrote:
>
> >> hi,
>
> Hi, why is this person not a member of the list?

I am a member of the list, but Jim Stockford actually just beat me to
posting it on this list.

We seem to be closing in on the problem.  I will post the solution to this
list when we get the solution.  Our progress so far... we have installed a
new NIC because the old NIC was giving us a different MAC address every time
we rebooted, which was weird.  We have found the DHCP router and we are
attempting to get a static IP address from it.

We now have been able to see a file on a Linux box on the network, and so
now we are going to try to find the server from another Linux box on the
network.  Then we will go after the Windows boxes.

I really appreciate the help of this list, because we are under a time
crunch, and your answers have been helpful!!

Christian Einfeldt.