[sf-lug] Spare RAM

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Tue Sep 4 18:02:40 PDT 2007

Hi Folks,

Wondering if anyone has any spare RAM that they'd be willing to donate
that would match these specs:

http://crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Dimension%202400%20Series

I'm rebuilding a desktop for Ruby (who volunteers at HVCC - this is her
personal desktop) with most likely Ubuntu, and it currently only has
128MB RAM. For a P4, this is a crying shame, and would be a very quick
speed boost. Her machine is currently running Windows XP + the usual
assortment of spyware/adware and is slower than a crawl.

If no-one has anything, I may even take the plunge - for $30 I could
quadruple her memory...

Cheers, Tom
--

Tom Haddon