[sf-lug] about new forms of dangerous junk mail

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Jul 31 22:57:33 PDT 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Michael Paoli wrote:

> Reasonably sane Open Source PDF software probably blocks such - at least
> by default (if it even includes such capabilities).

This is one of my favorite things about life in the Free World.  If some
random dudes add a user-hostile feature like this one in a proprietary
project, a Free project with similar goals just won't be compatible on
that point.

Generally they either won't know about the user-hostile feature, or
they'll hear about it and laugh, "Why would we include that?".

-- Asheesh.

--
Nothing lasts forever.
Where do I find nothing?