[sf-lug] Fwd: Software Freedom Day

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Jul 30 07:53:08 PDT 2007

I somehow sent this to David rather than to the SF-LUG list...

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 05:12:15PM -0700, David Sterry wrote:
> I just saw this on Digg. It's supported by Canonical and others. Has
> SFLUG or anyone here participated in this before? It's an event I'd be
> interested in.
>
> http://softwarefreedomday.org/

LUGOD has participated in past years, FWIW.
Typically, we just hold a Demo somewhere:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/demo/

(oops, that page didn't get updated _after_ the event took place, and we
haven't held a demo again since, sadly!)

Photos of LUGOD Software Freedom Day events:

  http://www.lugod.org/photos/2006.09.16/
  http://www.lugod.org/photos/2005.09.10/

More event (demos, IFs, conference booths, and general meetings) are up
a directory:

  http://www.lugod.org/photos/

Enjoy!

--