[sf-lug] Hayes Valley Setup

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Sat Jul 28 18:44:56 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 14:44 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Andy Grimm (agrimm at gmail.com):
>
> > Rick, we haven't met yet, but it's already unbelievable to me how
> > cynical you are -- not about the users, but about the people spending
> > time making this lab happen.
>
> I expressed _no_ criticism of the volunteers, nor would I.
>
> You're welcome to be indignant about my suggestions concerning how to do
> this sort of thing better.  That'd be insisting on the booby prize, but
> you _can_ insist if you wish.  Or you can benefit from people who've done
> this sort of thing before in a similar milieu.  Your choice.
>
> > I think you severely underestimate the plan here.
>
> That plan seems to have not included anticipating the need to reimage
> the workstations.  There are ways to add that feature; I suggested one.
> Thus my point.

Actually, Rick, that was part of the plan that was discussed. Perhaps
not communicated to the group fully yet, or documented, but it was
discussed. Additional feedback is always welcome (and especially from
people like yourself that have been involved in similar projects and
have some experience/wisdom to share), but everything you suggested has
been discussed by those involved so far.

Thanks, Tom