[sf-lug] Hayes Valley Voice mentions HVLC

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Sat Jul 21 14:58:22 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 14:42 -0700, Andy Grimm wrote:
> In this month's Hayes Valley Voice, there's a call for volunteers to
> teach at the computer lab that we're assisting with.  I found it
> strange, though, that one of the few listed prerequisites is a working
> knowledge of MS Office ... did I miss something?

I'm assuming the person who wrote it either didn't realise that we're
not running Windows or didn't realise that there are other available
Office Suites than MS Office. We may want to contact them to let them
know that it should be changed in future to something more appropriate,
but I think anyone familiar with MS Office will have no problem with
OpenOffice.

I've cc-ed Kami as she may know who's the appropriate person to contact
about this.

Thanks, Tom