[sf-lug] Linux World

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Jul 17 13:50:12 PDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Rick Moen wrote:

> After wrestling for hours with OO.o Writer to produce that thing, I
> think I'd be inclined to try Lyx or Scribus, next time.  OTOH, at least
> .swx files are widely readable.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  At the JHU Association for Computing
Machinery, we've spent some time designing flyers, too.
https://bugs.acm.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/browser/quarter-page-handouts-fall-2006
has the results of our work from a year ago.  You're welcome to browse
other things there.  I hereby grant permission for anyone to re-use the
files at
https://bugs.acm.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/browser/quarter-page-handouts-fall-2006
as of my last commit to them; this permission applies to any use and does
not require attributing me.

(Don't mind the old SSL certificate; I'm sure the current lab admin is
working on that....)

-- Asheesh.

--
Is a computer language with goto's totally Wirth-less?