[sf-lug] Redhat Kickstart

nathank nathank at evilmonkeys.com
Thu Jul 12 15:05:19 PDT 2007

Hi all,

If your on the svlug list, sorry for the dual posting.

Having a odd problem with a network kickstart setup. The client will
load fine though PXE, get a IP and all. Before the installer looks for
the stage2.img file it will try to make another request for an IP, this
part always fails. If I manually enter the IP the rest of the install
will work fine, its just that second DHCP request that never seems to
work. Pretty sure its not the network, since I've setup a test client
and server  on a couple of VMs on their own private network but the same
problem shows up. So at this point not sure if its my configs or
something else I'm missing. Anyone have any clues?

default file for pxe:
label linux
kernel /pxeboot/vmlinuz
append initrd=/pxeboot/initrd.img
ks=http://10.10.13.80/network-install/KS/3.cfg ip=dhcp

kickstart file:
install
url --url http://10.10.13.80/network-install/RPMS/U3/
lang en_US.UTF-8
langsupport --default=en_US.UTF-8 en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
#xconfig --card "ATI ES1000" --videoram 16384 --hsync 29-82 --vsync
55-75 --resolution 800x600 --depth 16 --startxonboot  --defaultdesktop gnome
rootpw --iscrypted monkeysinmyhairidontlikemonkeys
firewall --disabled
selinux --disabled
authconfig --enableshadow --enablemd5
timezone --utc America/Los_Angeles
bootloader --location=mbr --append="rhgb quiet"
clearpart --all

%packages
@ system-tools
@ gnome-desktop