[sf-lug] volunteer neded at CompuMentor

Michael Blanc mblanc at znet.com
Wed Jun 6 17:31:45 PDT 2007

I telephoned Tami Griffiths today (she had just returned from vacation).

It seems that the twelve PII machines are presently somewhere in the East Bay, perhaps in Oakland, at a youth center affiliated with the Tenderloin senior residence, the destination for which they are proposed. Tami agreed to inquire for more details about what her interlocutors wish to do with the equipment, and hopefully what is in these boxes in the way of storage, RAM, ethernet cards, etc. Also about what network/Internet conections are available at the Tenderloin location.

I'll wait to see what they suggest. Oakland may be a little out of the way for me to go and take a survey of these machines. We'll have to see about these people's logistical situation and what they are willing to do or think is reasonable.

More later.