[sf-lug] Fwd: Help Linux Flourish

Paul Reilly paul at astropaul.com
Mon Apr 16 17:14:29 PDT 2007

What I would like to see is something like the community
Firefox competition that happened a year or two ago. Where
members of the community make great ads like this:

www.firefoxflicks.com

They were cool. I think the idea is the best one would be
funded by the community and play on prime time TV.

Maybe there is something similar for linux?
Even a veteren command line junkie such as I have been
suprised to see the development in Linux GUI with Berly.
This really impressed me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHrT-W7DcNc&NR=1

I had no idea Linux GUI's were at this level already.
I doubt others are aware of it either.

Paul