[sf-lug] balug meeting Tuesday night

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sat Apr 14 17:14:07 PDT 2007

We've got our SF-LUG meeting Monday night
from 6 to 8 at the Javacat on Geary at 20th,
and here's the BALUG info for Tuesday night:

For our April 17, 2007 BALUG meeting, we have:
Mike Ray: Linux Data Recovery and How to Avoid It.

Hard drives are getting larger while their warranties get shorter.
Disk failure and data corruption are facts of life that no
Linux power-user can ignore.

Mike Ray, formerly of DataSavers, offers techniques for dealing
with your direst disk dilemmas using freely available tools.
He also discusses best practices to prevent crisis situations,
and offers horror stories from the field for your Schadenfreude.

Meeting time, location, etc. (also on the BALUG web site):
7:00 P.M. US/Pacific
$11.00 fee for dinner

Four Seas Restaurant
731 Grant Ave. near Sacramento St.
San Francisco, CA 94108-2113
http://www.fourseasr.com/

Feel free to join us as early as 6:30 P.M. at the bar for social chat,
etc. before the main meeting.

Other - there may be some door prize / giveaway items:
Okay, perhaps nothing excruciatingly exciting, but likely some:

Red Hat CDs & documentation (mostly AS 3.0, some AS 2.1, no
activation/entitlement keys - but generally everything else that comes
in the boxed Red Hat set - including the box).

LINUX and other (generally reasonably) related magazines and
publications - These may be a slight bit older (e.g. from LinuxWorld
Expo. last year), but still contain lots of useful information and
articles and such (and are often more convenient to read on a crowded
bus or train than on-line versions ... and some of these don't have
on-line versions or free on-line versions).

Miscellaneous: I may also bring some other stuff too (e.g. a LINUX
book, vendor t-shirt(s)).

http://www.balug.org/