[sf-lug] a project for lx to focus on

jim stockford jim at well.com
Tue Mar 13 13:29:08 PDT 2007

I can't remember exactly, but here are four:

A Practical Guide to Red Hat Linux, third edition
by Mark G. Sobell
Prentice Hall (2007 copyright inside)
ISBN 0-13-228027-2

Red Hat Linux Networking and System Administration, third edition
by Terry Collings and Kurt Wall
Wiley (2005 copyright inside)
ISBN 0-7645-9949-6

Red Hat Linux Administration, A beginner's Guide
by Michael Turner and Steve Shah
Osborne (2003 copyright inside)
ISBN 0-07-222631-5

Red Hat Certified Engineer Linux Study Guide, fourth edition
by Michael Jang
Osborne (2004 copyright inside)
ISBN 0-07-225365-7

Don't be put off by older dates.
    As to the RHCT/E tests, they test the essentials,
some of which have been around for over twenty
years, most of which have been around for five or
ten years.
    As to the skill set, the same, though less so, but:
the latest, greatest skills needed are not so much
at the OS level as at the application level, to include
Storage Area Networks, specialized backup and
recovery (e.g. netbackup), Cisco network device
management....
    All latest, greatest skills are built on the olde
tyme religion.