[sf-lug] Help, writing, RH -> Ubuntu

Mark G Sobell mark at sobell.com
Wed Mar 7 13:11:57 PST 2007

Hi All --

I am looking for some help with converting my Red Hat book to Ubuntu. I am
running into all sorts of strange (to me) beasts (resolvconf anyone?) that
someone with Ubuntu/Debian server/admin experience would be able to wrestle
down in minutes. It is taking me days to track down (frequently
unsatisfactory) answers. For example, I am stuck on showing an example of
using named as a caching-only nameserver. On the 'net people use other,
lighter-weight products, but for the purpose of my book I want to show how to
do it using named. I could go on.

If you are interested, see my Web page for more details (www.sobell.com). If
you know anyone who might be able to help, please forward this message to
that person.

Thanks,

                Mark Sobell
--