[sf-lug] Minimum qualifications to work as a junior computer person

Blake Haggerty Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com
Wed Feb 28 13:32:05 PST 2007

I didn't touch a ton on this subject because my firm deals mostly with contract/consulting opportunities... That being said from my experience entry level work will usually also = fulltime permanent work not contracts. The times I have worked on entry level fulltime work the managers generally are looking for not so much the technical background but for somebody who is smart. I know that can be hard to portray sometimes but most of the time when I speak with the managers they tell me I am just looking for a smart guy to bring in, someone who I can teach them what they need to know and then let them run with it and learn more on their  own. Certification can definitely help in the entry level world. On the resume the most critical thing to portray is that you have gone out on your own and learned the skills needed and you need to be sure to portray on the resume that the position you are looking for is not congruent to your past work. Show the manager what you know how to do on the resume and tell them what you want to learn to do... Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Blake M. Haggerty

Technical Recruiter

Sapphire Technologies