[sf-lug] Minimum qualifications to work as a junior computer person

Anthony Yeo vze2jy85 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 13:15:23 PST 2007

Hi Everyone:

At our last meeting, we had a recruiter come and give
us his perspective on the employment situation in the
Linux world. It looks good.

But here's a question. What is the minimum
requirements to be employable at an entry level? Would
a Red Hat certified Technician, RHCT, certificate be
enough? Would doing a certificate course at City
College of San Francisco be enough?

For guys like me, I work in a non-computing job during
the day and Linux is a hobby but if we are going to
transition to really making a go at it, I would like
to know what the entry requirements might be.

Tony