[sf-lug] Great book and an idea

John johnlowry at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 14:28:12 PST 2007

FYI the key signing party that I was talking about was not planned for
Monday. We can definitely talk about how it will work and what is actually
done. Again, people who have more familarity with this stuff please, please,
please point stuff out that gets stated incorrectly. Anyway, hope to see you
guys there.

On 2/16/07, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Catherine Jones (cathjone at eskimo.com):
>
> > What we will be doing Monday, I guess, is establishing small "web of
> > trust" - i.e. associating public keys with known people in a
> > face-to-face setting.
>
> Sure.  gpg implements that concept as opposed to the centralised model
> used by "certificate" systems such as TLS/SSL.
>
> Sorry I can't attend, but I'll be at a Guy Gavriel Kay reading at
> Kepler's Books, that evening.  But these might help:
> "Zimmermann-Sassaman Protocol" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Security/
> "GnuPG Lecture" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Security/
>
> --
> Cheers,              "Here, sanity ... niiiiiice sanity, come to daddy ...
> okay,
> Rick Moen            that's a good sanity ... {*THWONK!*}  _Got_ the
> bastard."
> rick at linuxmafia.com                                    --AdB

John Lowry