[sf-lug] Great book and an idea

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 16 12:54:48 PST 2007

Quoting Catherine Jones (cathjone at eskimo.com):

> What we will be doing Monday, I guess, is establishing small "web of
> trust" - i.e. associating public keys with known people in a
> face-to-face setting.

Sure.  gpg implements that concept as opposed to the centralised model
used by "certificate" systems such as TLS/SSL.

Sorry I can't attend, but I'll be at a Guy Gavriel Kay reading at
Kepler's Books, that evening.  But these might help:
"Zimmermann-Sassaman Protocol" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Security/
"GnuPG Lecture" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Security/

--
Cheers,              "Here, sanity ... niiiiiice sanity, come to daddy ... okay,
Rick Moen            that's a good sanity ... {*THWONK!*}  _Got_ the bastard."