[sf-lug] DVD on Laptop

Blake Haggerty Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com
Tue Dec 12 08:32:30 PST 2006

I had the same issues with playing a DVD on SUSE Linux. First thing I had to do was install Mplayer then I also had to install a bunch of libraries that allowed it to play. apparently Linux doesn't come with the ability to play DVDs right out of the box because of some copyright issues. Check out www.linuxquestions.org and do a search about that there are a few walk through on how and where to find the libraries...

Best Regards,

Blake M. Haggerty

Technical Recruiter

Sapphire Technologies