[sf-lug] Fwd: [JOB] PHP/MySQL Developer, Santa Cruz, CA | 60k

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 13:14:30 PST 2006

Another important thing to keep in mind:  about five (I think) years ago, the labor department performed a study of IT jobs, and found that the average tenure of a "permanent" IT worker was 13 months! Not very permanent. The cat has been out of the bag for a while, people in IT know this. Given this, does a family really want to move cross-country for a $60k/year job in Santa Cruz?

jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:
     i'll bite, too, hoping for adrien's and blake's
    what does $60K buy?
    what does "entry level" mean in terms of skills
(and what's the pay range)?
    is there a difference in paying IT psersonages
vs programmers?

sf-lug at linuxmafia.com