[sf-lug] Fwd: [JOB] PHP/MySQL Developer, Santa Cruz, CA | 60k

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Dec 6 17:53:24 PST 2006

Quoting jim stockford (jim at well.com):

>     well..., come on, adrien: i know you know who writes
> these ads--recruiters, not hiring managers. When the
> web was two years old there were ads asking for five
> years experience in http.

If we shouldn't believe the ad where it says "expert", why should we
nonetheless believe it where it says "entry-level" a few lines away?

You can't have that both ways, and Adrien was quite right in pointing
out the ad being self-contradictory and mildly ridiculous.  (However, I
don't expect a lot of rationality in job ads.)