[sf-lug] about SF-LUG

jim stockford jim at well.com
Mon Oct 9 10:00:55 PDT 2006

about SF-LUG

Our mailing list topped 100 a couple of weeks ago, so I
tho't I'd put out this summary of the group.

**** WEB SITE is http://www.sf-lug.org
hosted on circlesoft.com
web page is HTML via the  vi  editor, per jim stockford
needs a backup person (jim is happy to be the backup person).

hosted on linuxmafia.com
mailman admins are lx with jim as backup
data janitoring by rick moen
archives http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/

SAY: for those of you who may not know: <------
To offer opinions or ask questions,
put 'em in an email addressed to
sf-lug at linuxmafia.com

**** MEETINGS are the first Sunday 11 to 1 and the third
Monday 6 to 8 at the Javacat on Geary at 20th in San
Francisco.
There's a Red Hat-ish box at the Javacat located at
192.168.1.201 on their LAN. ask for a login account
if you want to share scripts, sys admin questions....

We may have meetings at San Francisco State University
on the second Thursday of some months, stay tuned.

**** There are a few PROJECTS a few of us have shared:
-- python study group, active
-- red hat certification study group, seems dormant
-- build-a-box, met once: jim took box for repair, now ready

There are other possibilities, for instance, if you want
to work on the web site, send a note (the current restriction
is that work is directly editable by a text editor).