[sf-lug] Bill has an article on TUX #17
nbs at sonic.net
Sun Sep 3 00:49:08 PDT 2006
On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 02:19:16PM -0700, John Lowry wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> On games no less! Good on you man!
You can thank my wife Melissa for the the most excellent writing in that
article. I doubt that a single word of my original draft was left.
Here's how it went:
* TUX said they were putting together a gaming issue, and asked for
articles on some games, listing a few not-so-exciting titles
* I replied, saying: "You should consider some of these titles, too."
* They must've figured I was offering to write an article for them,
and said: "Ok, write about these 3 games, then."
* I downloaded the latest of each (hadn't really played much of any of
them, recently, I have to admit!) and put together the facts.
* Melissa took what I wrote, and completely rewrote it. Also fact-checked
and played some of the games, to make sure she understood what the hell
I was talking about, so she could translate it into Human English. ;^)
* I took some screenshots. Mailed it all off to TUX.
* TUX seems to have printed it with VERY few editorial changes.
Melissa kicks ass. ;)
bill at newbreedsoftware.com
More information about the sf-lug