[sf-lug] Bill has an article on TUX #17

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Sep 3 00:49:08 PDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 02:19:16PM -0700, John Lowry wrote:

> On games no less! Good on you man!

You can thank my wife Melissa for the the most excellent writing in that
article.  I doubt that a single word of my original draft was left.

Here's how it went:

* TUX said they were putting together a gaming issue, and asked for
  articles on some games, listing a few not-so-exciting titles

* I replied, saying: "You should consider some of these titles, too."

* They must've figured I was offering to write an article for them,
  and said:  "Ok, write about these 3 games, then."

* I downloaded the latest of each (hadn't really played much of any of
  them, recently, I have to admit!) and put together the facts.

* Melissa took what I wrote, and completely rewrote it.  Also fact-checked
  and played some of the games, to make sure she understood what the hell
  I was talking about, so she could translate it into Human English. ;^)

* I took some screenshots.  Mailed it all off to TUX.

* TUX seems to have printed it with VERY few editorial changes.

Melissa kicks ass. ;)

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com