[sf-lug] sf-lug at sf-state

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 29 21:15:46 PDT 2006

Quoting jim stockford (jim at well.com):

>    well, _I_ care, but finding a time that doesn't
> conflict with other things seems not possible.
> SF-LUG is 1st Sunday and 3rd Monday at javacat.
>    Now that I've been lured into studying Python
> and occasionally drag myself down to PenLUG,
> drat! What other day/time does anyone suggest?

Let me approach that question from the opposite end.  In general, the
_most_ frequent conflicts are with these meeting days:

o  Weekday evenings during the 1st and 2nd weeks of each month.
o  Evenings on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays generally.

If you pick one of those, there's high likelihood that some significant
number of people will have conflicts.  Of course, the reason why is that
people _like_ those days for recurring meetings; therefore, other
groups and events tend to use them.

I can hazard some guesses about why people like them:  1.  It's easier
to remember "1st Tuesday" than something later in the month.  In
particular, it's easier to avoid missing the event because the new month
having just rolled around is likely to remind you of it.  2.  Mondays,
people often are to busy and/or tired.  Fridays, they'd rather relax.
And so on.