[sf-lug] Dude, my new phone.

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Aug 15 18:08:49 PDT 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Adrien Lamothe wrote:

> Trolltech is adopting a very interesting strategy. By producing an
> actual phone based on their Linux and development environments, that is
> likely inexpensive to produce

They told me today at LinuxWorld it costs them "about $695 (don't quote me
on that)", and they expect to charge developers at least that much for the
phone.  The software kits for Open Source developers would be something
like $200 on top.

That's vague, and not official, but that's what they said today.

It does both SIP (VoIP) and GSM (regular cell service), which is a
godsend.

-- Asheesh.

--
Your lucky number has been disconnected.