[sf-lug] Linux World Installfest

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 10 19:16:50 PDT 2006

Quoting ron (rondosxx at yahoo.com):

> rick or jim or whoever's in charge around here:
> I will attend Linux World InstallFest on Wednesday.

I think you're going to want to contact Paul Cubbage, founder of
Open Country somewhere in the northern Peninsula, since Open Country is
running the event.  We-all have just been passing the word along.
Write to:  Paul Cubbage <pcubbage at opencountry.com>

> I'm hoping I will not there alone, since my
> Installing_of_Linux_Skills are uh somewhat
> rudimentary. Hopefully someone will tell me how to get
> in, since I think I forgot to tell you guys that I
> can't read, lol.

Well, you'll need to have an LWCE attendee badge.  I believe you can
still register for an "exhibits-only" badge, which would be good enough,
for free.  Better check http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/ , though.

Also, if you decide you want to read something anyway, Paul seemed to
take a shine to http://www.xml-dev.com/xml/LDP/InstallFestHowTo.html
(though I'm not thrilled about it, personally).