[sf-lug] [JOB] Contract Linux Sys Admin, San Jose, CA
beau at open-source-staffing.com
Tue Aug 8 01:47:09 PDT 2006
Contract Linux Sys Admin, San Jose, CA
The hourly rate and/or salary range for this position is open and
depends on experience. It might be possible to telecommute with
occasional face-2-face meetings; however, this is not written in stone.
Candidates within a 50-mile radius of San Jose are preferred unless you
don't mind commuting farther than that.
My client is a privately held company based in San Jose with
consultants, clients and users around the world. The company was founded
in 1998 in order to create and sell useful, problem-solving software to
Today, they are a leader in providing low-cost, easy to use productivity
software as well as consulting services for Macintosh and Windows
computers. In the last few years, they have been featured
internationally in newspapers, magazines, and television, and many of
their products work behind the scenes at some of the largest
corporations in the world.
They are looking for a Linux Sys Admin on a contract-to-hire basis with
a majority of the following:
* Has an excellent knowledge of Linux in-and-out, including all common
command line tools.
* Can set up and actually build/install machines.
* Enough business savvy to negotiate rates with data centers and get a
* Experience with load balancers, DNS (including PowerDNS and bind), and
a variety of load balancing techniques.
* TONS of mySQL experience. Everything from writing SQL queries to
re-indexing tables to helping optimize.
* Experience with master/slave setups and mirroring.
* PHP knowledge---this is not a programming position, but enough to know
what's going on and interface with programmers.
* Bash and perl scripting experience.
* 100% committed, focused, and methodical - and organized.
They are setting up a redundant network for a new service they are
launching, and will want to set up shop at two different data centers
with full data redundancy.
They'd like to start off on a consulting basis to test the waters and
can probably offer a full time position if the fit is right. They
really need somebody A+ and right away!
If you are interested in this contract-to-hire opportunity and are a US
Citizen or green card holder residing in the San Jose, CA area, please
submit your resume, hourly and/or salary requirements, and a paragraph
(or two) highlighting your skills/experience as it pertains to this job
to mpearman at open-source-staffing.com
Michael J. Pearman
Open Source Staffing
mpearman at open-source-staffing.com
More information about the sf-lug