[sf-lug] Yellow Dog Linux Promotion

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jul 23 13:40:50 PDT 2006

Quoting ron (rondosxx at yahoo.com):

> I have a friend who'd like to accept the offer,
> especially if it includes a live cd.

There's no live CD, yet.  But you can tell your friend that it's a Red
Hat fork, and (last I checked) extremely close to RHEL, right down to
occupying four CDs, in recent releases.  If you like RHEL/CentOS et al.,
you'll like Yellow Dog Linux.

(Note that you can get _RHEL4_ for PPC -- and therefore also CentOS.)

I list all known 'nixes for PowerPC, here:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=maclinux#powermaclinux

Notice that you can download the four ISOs of Yellow Dog Linux.  You can
find the download/mirrors page from the front of TerraSoft's Web site,
but it's a little non-obvious, and I just used Distrowatch.  It's at:
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resources/downloads.shtml