[sf-lug] Help with code...

jim stockford jim at well.com
Fri Jul 21 20:59:50 PDT 2006

    I used firefox to view source and found, for the McNabb headline,
this single line:

href="/nfl/story/9565534" onmouseout="javaScript:tooltipOff()"
onmouseover="javaScript:tooltipOn('Donovan McNabb does a better job
avoiding tacklers than lingering questions about Terrell Owens.
Speaking to reporters after practice Friday, a cordial McNabb called
Owens\' recently released autobiography a \'children\'s book,\' mocked
the star receiver for saying he was misquoted in his own book and
disputed some of the written allegations.')">McNabb fires back at
T.O.'s book</a> | <a
href="/video/player?id=111126s&channel=nfl">Video</a><div
class=spacer10> </div>

    The text that appears upon mouseover is called a tool tip
and is in the single quoted string starting ('Donovan... and
ending ...allegations.')
    Note that the call to the tooltipOn() function in the javaScript
class is itself a value of the onmouseover attribute.
    Nice they don't hide the source--great education.