[sf-lug] meeting monday night at Javacat, 6 to 8

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sun Jul 16 22:42:53 PDT 2006

    The linuxmafia/kb (knowledge base) is terrific. I'll
have to read it again (and again, no doubt).

    I spent the day tearing my network completely
apart and am mostly back up. I plan to make the
64.81.61.186 machine ssh-able and once in, one
has access to a little network with a server host and
a third host named "crash". I'm hoping my previous
config of NIS and NFS services are still working,
in which case the "crash" machine will be available
for anyone who wants to config client software
(including CUPs, X-11, and other RHCT/E focus
area software).
    One day I'll have LDAP working, though RHC?
doesn't seem to test this skill area yet.

    Oh, the 186 box exposes Vince Polite's starter
sf-lug web page:
http://64.81.61.186