[sf-lug] meeting monday night at Javacat, 6 to 8

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sun Jul 16 22:28:03 PDT 2006

    not to worry, I think. The machine in Javacat is LAN
only, not available from internet, only from within the
restaurant's wifi range (customers and neighbors).
Access is via ssh and only for those who know the
secret (static) IP address (it's box 201).
    It's there for people to learn on. My idea was to set
up servers on that box and let people try to configure
their laptops to be clients, a la RHCT/E studying.
There's no printer, but that shouldn't stop anyone
from config'ing CUPs. It's running in init 5 in order
only to have X config available for inspection.
    If people crash it, maybe they learn something,
and if no one else gets to it, I'm willing to rebuild it
each time I come in.