[sf-lug] Software Freedom Day 2006

vincent polite vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 15:03:35 PDT 2006

That's weird. It got rejected the first time.

Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote: Quoting John Lowry (johnlowry at gmail.com):

> I agree that we are enabling a bad habit buy giving into proprietary
> OSes. However, to continue the analogy further we are giving them free
> hits of another drug. "Wow, Firefox is great, who knew FLOSS software
> was so awesome. Look at all this other great stuff that you can do on
> Linux. Oh man, I wish I could use amaroK to manage my music collection
> on Windows. I am going to have to install Linux now."

(As I remarked when you sent me the above in private mail:)  That's been
tried -- for fifteen years running.  It basically doesn't work.  At all.

Interesting people in Linux requires actually getting them Linux.

Since you've re-posted your notion even after hearing the above from me
in private mail, I'm guessing you didn't believe me.  That's OK; you
could be right; the world could have suddenly changed.  But if not, buy
me a beer after a second fifteen years of it not working, and I'll
promise I won't say "I told you so."  ;->

--
Cheers,      English is essentially Pictish that was attacked out of nowhere by
Rick Moen    Angles cohabiting with Teutons who were done in by a drunk bunch of