[sf-lug] installfest Sat. @ Rick Moen's in Menlo Park/ Xandros response

bob sungib ffejveg at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 19:35:29 PDT 2006

Got my pclinuxos cd in the mail today and I've decided to go down to the installfest @ Rick Moen's in Menlo Park tomorrow. The hours are listed as 4 pm to midnight. Anyone who wishes to join me would be welcome...I'll be taking Caltrain from 4th and Townsend to Menlo Park and walking to Rick's from the station. Trains leave on the hour - I thought I'd take the 3:00 train (arrive 3:59), but can be a bit flexible if anyone wants to join me and a different departure time would work better. RT fare is $10.50. I'll probably be able to get on the web tomorrow, but should anyone like to join me, the best way to get in touch would be by phone: 415.626.7095.
  Regarding Xandros, I remember looking at it when evaluating all the distros last fall/winter to see which would be the best fit for me. Can't at the moment remember the exact reasons why it wasn't quite right but it did fit the bill in a lot of ways. I did a lot of research back then on all this and pclinuxos seemed the best. And yes, I realize I could be eating my words in three months! But for now this is what I want to start out on.