[sf-lug] (Tech) Developers responsibility...Saga continues

jim stockford jim at well.com
Thu Jun 22 07:01:05 PDT 2006

testing should be formalized as part of the deal.
the developer should do testing, always, but that's
not the testing that should be framed in the deal:
QA is the short-word, and the tester(s) should
definitely NOT be the developer. Note that testing
is sometimes up to half the job (counting fixing
and re-testing, regression testing, etc.). In your
shoes I'd push back on the management and
insist on a testing phase.