[sf-lug] committing to a distro, automated updates

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 22 16:37:50 PDT 2006

Quoting David Reber (morpheus2485 at gmail.com):

[Ubuntu:]

> Being new to ubuntu, and as the release of dapper looms, I am
> wondering how updating will work.
>
> If I run an update utility on 6-1-6, will it upgrade to dapper? I
> wouldn't really expect that, but I'm kinda unsure as to how I am
> supposed to upgrade.

Hi, again.  While doing other things, I came across the following pages
that appear to also address your question:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperUpgrades
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/dapperbeta

("Update Manager" appears to be yet another graphical front-end to the
apt-get suite of package management utilities.)